Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You ever have one of those days?

You know those days where you're feeling particularly cocky? Maybe it's a really good hair day or you just got the cutest new fuck me boots. You're walking around like you're number one (thanks Violent Femmes!) You're cute, you're frisky, you could bring about word peace through the power of your cherry lip gloss alone!

And then you get home from a half hour bus ride only to notice that your zipper has been down for quite a while. And you think about how you were little Miss Cocky McSmiley face on the bus and how people must have thought you were some kind of grinning idiot.

I seem to have these kinds of days way more often than I should. Like today, wearing my favorite black cardy. It's super soft and warm and cut to the exact right spot to show off my curvy bits (and hide the lumpy ones). I should be wearing a tank underneath it, but none were clean and I was late to work.

So I am having a little discussion with the ancient librarian about him dumping a bunch of computer books on the lab and I am trying to flirt my way into getting bookends. HA! It worked, and he even agreed to put all the new books away for me!

When he leaves I look down to discover that my favorite sweater has managed to unbutton itself in the most revealing way possible. No wonder he offered to stack my shelves.