Saturday, December 8, 2007

WTF is up with religious boys?

I am fiercely agnostic and will fight with atheists and theists alike. I have NOOOOOOOOO interest in dating someone even vaguely religious, philosophical yes, but if the words "I believe Jesus Christ is my personal savior" have crossed your lips as an adult, I will mock you for trying to date me.

So why is it that I get little winks and emails from people who are so firm in their faith that it's part of their screen name, like nicechristian69? Why is it that I don't just get stalked by the weird guy I gave my phone number to one drunken New Years, but that weird guy is a priest who not only wants to fuck me but to save my soul while he does it? I am pretty sure that had I ever actually had sex with him, any happy "Oh god's that I might have shouted would have lead to a naked baptism in astroglide mid-coitus.

This is a great mystery to me, as I am not just apathetic in my disregard for religion, but militant and brutally sarcastic (as my poor, dear sweet Christian relatives know because I often step on their beliefs).

So this leaves me to wonder if these guys are actually serious in their beliefs, or if they think that coming off as a god-fearing man will make my panties drop just as magically as Jesus turned water into wine?