Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Boxers or briefs? How about granny or floss?

Via Jezebel comes a link to a great essay about the awesomeness that is granny panties. Throw away your thongs and cover your bits!

Personally, I hate thongs. I own exactly 2 of them and both have only been worn once (right after they were given to me). My bits are tender and sensitive, I do not need something rubbing them the wrong way all fucking day.

So I am a hipster/ bikini girl. Most days it's either black cotton or pink cotton (pink works just as well under light clothes as white does). When I want to tart it up I wear french knickers or lace cheekies. I avoid the old fashioned granny panty style cause the difference between my hips and waist is so much that I end up with baggy middle bulge in undies that come up that high. The downside of lower cut undies is that I have (on more than one occasion) actually had my undies fall of while I was wearing a skirt.

So now you want to hear a story, I'm sure? I'll tell you about the fist time I lost my knickers in public. It was just after I had the Kid. I had some friends come in from out of town and I took them on the happy tourist Pike Place Market tour that we do for all out of towners. I was wearing a long black sundress that unbuttoned for easy booby/nursing action and had worn the only clean undies I had- a pair that fit me in the last weeks of pregnancy, but not so much after I dropped 30 pounds of baby weight.

So we're walking along the sidewalk in busy downtown Seattle, la di da. I have the kid in the snuggly and my purse, diaper bag thing in one hand and water in the other. I feel the undies start to head south. I have no free hand with which to pull them up and we're in public, so I make for the nearest bathroom to do a clandestine panty pull.

The undies are faster than me though. Very quickly they are at my knees and the only thing keeping them there is my taking giganto steps. I give up the fight and let the undies fall where they may. Then I walk right over them LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

I also seem to be THAT girl that is always accidentally getting her skirt blown up. I have flashed the security guys at the Denver airport on at least 4 occasions, a huge group of tourists at an archaeological site outside of Rome. and most of Seattle. For that reason, cute undies that cover my ass are a must.